CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

3 things to get over your ex

I should write a damn book, 'cause people love this stuff. I know how to "get over an ex." Its really quite simple. As my brother says, I may not be good at relationships, but I'm hella good at breaking up and moving on. Which, gives me credit for this.
1. Do not speak to your ex. How do you expect to get over someone you are still calling, texting, having long conversations, emailing, etc.? YOU CAN'T! I'm not talking about straight-up ignoring that person. A polite smile and short talk with an excuse to leave is fine.
2. Don't see that person. This should be obvious. Don't go on dates with your ex. Even if you say it is "as friends," don't do it, because if you are hurt over a break up then it will hurt even more to pretend you aren't broken up. Some people can't avoid seeing their ex in school, work, etc., but if you can, then DO IT! This also includes looking at them on social networking websites.
3. Date someone else. Sometimes people mistake what I am saying for replacing their ex, or hiding their feelings in another. This isn't what I am saying at all. I'm saying, get your mind off your ex. remind yourself there are other people out there. Date! Have fun! Don't try to fall in love right away or get stuck in another relationship, just shake yourself up and stop being jaded!

0 comments: